Are you passionate about science & technology? Are you a hands-on type of person ready to roll up sleeves to find the best results? Do you want to make an impact in the world? We have something for you!
Gelatex Technologies is an innovative materials technology company operating in the field of nanofibers. We are developing and producing nanofibrous materials for applications such as scaffolds for cell-cultured meat, tissue engineering, medical applications, energy storage, or filtration. Our customers include startups, universities, and big corporations. Our patent-pending technology enables affordable large-scale production of bio-based nanofibers for applications where the use of nanofibers was not possible earlier due to high prices. We are the catalysts of many sustainability and health-related industries.
Founded in 2016 and pivoted completely in 2020, we are a small fast-growing team about to close our seed round. We are aiming to expand our team to 10 people by the end of this year and double it by end of 2022. By joining us now, you will have an opportunity to be part of the first team members and set a base for the success of the company.
We are looking for a Technologist with education in the field of materials science, chemistry, or biotech and an engineer's mindset. You are a hands-on type of person, curious to test out different solutions on our nanofiber production machinery to achieve the best optimal results. You will be the "boss" of Gelatex proprietary nanofiber production machinery and a key person to help to develop and produce materials for our customers.
What you'll be doing:
● You will be operating our nanofiber production machinery, knowing every detail of it and how to produce different types of materials.
● You will carry out material testings, including testing various polymer and solvent concentrations and how different production parameters change the result.
● You will be in charge of samples and material production and packaging.
● You will work in close collaboration with a senior scientist and CEO for the development of our own products, as well as for the development projects with our customers.
● You will give input to the engineers for the improvement of Gelatex proprietary nanofiber production machinery.
What skills you'll need:
● BSc or MSc in materials science, chemistry, biotech, or similar fields, experience with nanofibers if beneficial (but not mandatory).
● An innovative and pragmatic engineering mindset.
● Pro-active "can-do" attitude, ready to roll up sleeves and get hands dirty.
● Good organizational and teamwork skills.
● Very good English and Estonian language both writing and speaking.
Why you'll love this job:
● You'll contribute to making the life of many people healthier and more sustainable worldwide.
● You will work on hot topics such as cell-cultured meat, novel wound care materials, or bio-based filtration materials.
● You'll have an opportunity to work with industry experts internationally from many different industries.
● You'll have lots of independence but also lots of responsibility as one of the first members of a growing passionate team.
● You'll have lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
● You'll have a competitive salary depending on experience, and the possibility for stock options.
Starting date in 1-3 months based on mutual agreement.
Sounds like you?
Please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: 30.05.21 but interviews will be done on an ongoing basis, so apply soon.